Marouane Fellaini has finally joined Manchester United from Everton for a transfer fee of £27.5m. The deal was finalized in final moments of deadline day after United missed out on signing Ander Herrera from Athletic Bilbao and Sami Khedira from Real Madrid.

The Red Devils had a chance to sign Fellaini's former team-mate Leighton Baines but opted not to pursue him. Belgian internationail Fellaini said, as a kid, it was his dream to play for Manchester United. On joining United, Fellaini said:

I am thrilled to sign for Manchester United. I have known the manager for many years now and I have a lot of respect for his way of working. When I was given the opportunity to work with him again, I jumped at the chance. I had a fantastic time at Everton and I’d like to thank all the fans and staff there for everything they have done for me. But being a Manchester United player is something that every player dreams of and I believe that I can make a real contribution to the team’s efforts to win trophies in the future.

All United fans can greet the new player (on Twitter) with the hashtag #WelcomeFellaini

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 
Creative Commons License